Saturday, May 18, 2013

Its a..

...

BOY!!!

...

Scott and I have been thinking the past few months that we were ready to expand our family again. Everyone said, "but you just had a baby". "Don't bite off more than you can chew". We heard,  "Are you sure this is a good choice?" over and over again. And we knew in our hearts it was.

However, this time we decided to adopt. We found a super nice lady that needed to find her baby a nice home. As soon as we met the sweet little guy, we fell in love and knew he was meant for us. Meet Bentley!

...


Our new goldendoodle!

Let me back up a bit. I have wanted a big dog for a long time. I have been researching this particular breed for about 6 months. They are a cross between a golden retriever and a poodle. Most are hypoallergenic and don't shed. Goldendoodles are an intelligent and obedient family companions. They are everybody's friend and devoted to their family. They are friendly towards children, other dogs and pets, and easy with strangers. They are social dogs, happiest when they are with people. Their intelligence, eagerness to please, and love of learning make them very easy to train.


We already have a dog, scratch that, I have a dog. Tanner is very much my dog and not friendly towards the rest of the family. He is tolerant, yes, but not friendly. He puts up with everyone else, but that's about it. The boys have wanted a dog to run and play with and to be their dog. And since Las Vegas is not exactly the childhood I want to give them, I feel like having a big dog is a bit of Idaho. Does that even make sense? 




I found Bently on craigslist. His owner plays in the MLB and was recently traded to Houston. So they had to relocate. Bently comes from the most popular breeder in Vegas and we got him for less than a quarter of the regular price. He is 8 months old-- Young enough to bond quickly with us, but old enough to be out of the awful puppy stage. We didn't have to deal with the chewing, or the whining and he is pretty well potty trained. We might have to work on that a little bit to fit our life style. 

He is amazing. A gentle giant. Quite timid and nervous of new things, which means he is ultra calm and stays close. He doesn't require a leash, although we always use one. The kids adore him and he is proving his patience with them. I am so impressed with his demeanor. Tanner loves to play outside with him, but is still getting used to him at the house. Bentley has taken to Scott quite a bit and is quickly becoming his dog. We are all just so happy to have him in our home and part of the family. Although, he is in desperate need of a haircut!











He is the perfect addition to our family!
We couldn't be happier. 



4 comments:

The Gray Gang said...

I love him! Great pictures too! My husband refuses to be a dog owner. I'm kind of sad about it too.

Lindsey Rasmussen said...

So cute! We've talked about getting a goldendoodle when we're more settled. How fun for your boys!!

Amanda said...

What a big boy! He is the perfect addition to your family:-) congrats.

Erin_C said...

I'm not a dog person, but if I was, Bentley seems as good as they come :) So glad he is fitting so well into your family. 5 boys in that house . . . so fun!