Monday, May 6, 2013

Fish Fillet

It happened! It finally happened. Scott and Tayden finally filleted the frozen fish. That darn fish has been in our freezer since we went fishing two weeks ago. Tayden has been dying to see the bones and guts. Lovely, I know. Honestly though, I am grateful he is so curious. He loves to get in there, get his hands dirty and learn. 

It was a fun father-son moment with the boys. We just got done with spaghetti for lunch, as it shows all over Becketts face. So ignore that. 







Scott showed the boys the stomach, heart and the bones. Both of them touched the insides, the bones, the teeth. Tayden really wanted to pop its eye, but that's were I drew the line. 

It was kind of gross, but overall a neat experience for them that I wanted them to remember. Living in Vegas, we don't always get to do or see some of the things we would back home, so it was nice bringing the 'country' to them. 

And the very best part? The fish is out of my freezer and in the garbage. 
Hallelujah!

1 comment:

Erin_C said...

ha! life with boys must be a whole different ball game. Carly said she wanted to go fishing and I said then we could eat the fish and she said, "You don't eat fish mom. Thats gross. You just put them back." Ha! And B's wardrobe is killing me!