All quiet and nothing to report from the Packard house. I went to the doctor Monday. Baby Cache looks good and is really low. Low enough that my doctor isn't sure I am going to make it to my induction date. He'll check me next week to check for dilation and we'll have a better idea. But with as low as he is and my constant braxton hicks pushing him lower and lower, he said at this point anything could happen. I am just trying to take an easy as my BH are worse when I'm active. Again, this is proving to be a challenge because Scott is working the late shift the next two weeks (6:50am-8:30pm), so resting is kind of an impossibility. I really hope he holds off for his grand appearance until my set induction on the 12th. We have everything planned around that, so anything prior could be chaotic. Luckily, we have great friends that will step in at a moments notice.
Speaking of great friends...they might be splitting our ward! They are redoing ward boundaries and our ward is in question. There are only two neighborhoods in our ward and I am the only one of my tight group of friends that lives in Rhoades Ranch. It looks like a strong possibility that all my friends will go elsewhere. If this happens, I know it won't be the end of the world. My friends have vowed they wouldn't shun me, (haha)-- but it will be sad. I know it won't change anything for Scott and I as far as friendships, but it will make a huge impact on my kids. They love their nursery friends and are so comfortable around their teachers and the kids in their class. Beckett is finally staying without crying the whole time and I am afraid we'll have to start over. Yuck.
Fall has arrived. At least inside my home. I got all the decorations out and have been burning my candle nonstop. It's helped alot with my trunky attitude and has given me sort of a fresh new prospective. If only outside would cooperate, I would be in heaven. It's only been in the mid 90's lately though, so we have been able to get out of the house alot more. Fresh air is so good for the soul and that too is doing wonders for my cabin fever.
Tayden is doing great at bedtime. He has stopped napping, for the most part. He has taken about a hour nap a few days in the last 2 weeks or so-- but doesn't nap on a daily basis anymore. I'm hoping I can get him back into the habit of taking just a short nap. An hour does miracles for this kid and his lone mama. But back to bedtime, he is doing great. I am so close to being able to leave him in his room without having to go check on him. Most nights, I sing him a few songs and leave his room for good, but there are still a few he needs a little reassurance. Which I'm fine with since its way easier then camping out in his room for hours until he falls asleep. Its freed up my evening and allowed me to have some alone time and get the nightly chores done before Scott gets home. Then, when the hubs arrives, we get to sit an hang out for an hour or so before bed. Its blissful.
Beckett is totally ready to be potty trained. The other day he took off his diaper and jumped in the tub and peed. He always pees when he gets in the tub, so I guess that's where he thought he needed to go. He came and told me and laid down for me to put on his diaper. I kind of feel like we are cheating him by not potty training him, but with the timing of the baby, I just don't think it's going to work in our favor. I'm scared he'll regress and I don't want to set him up for failure. So, we have decided on Thanksgiving for the official start of potty training. Scott will be home for a few days and hopefully the baby won't be as new and exciting anymore and it will play better in our favor. I'm really hoping we are making the right decision.
Things have been fairly quiet and uneventful this week. I guess I should be enjoying the quiet days since they are surely coming to and end!
No comments:
Post a Comment