The sun peeked through our curtains early this morning and I heard Beckett rustling in his crib. I checked the clock, 6:30. Way earlier than our normal wake up time. Tayden was still asleep and I dozed in and out for the next half hour until the baby had had enough of his crib. Rolling my big belly out of bed, I grabbed Beckett and his blanket in attempt to make the quiet last a little longer. We snuggled on the rocking chair for a few minutes, while Tayden snored peaceful by. I listened to Taydens even breathing and felt the weight of a content toddler on my body. I prayed for this perfect moment to last a little longer. I desperately clung to the final few minutes of normalcy. Today was a big day. A big day for a change. A day that my normalcy was going to become something new.
Today was Taydens first day of Pre-school. Not a huge deal for everyone, but a big deal to me. I see Tayden growing up everyday right in front of my eyes, but today marked an actual occasion to show his progression. Its really hard for me to swallow. My heart is literally breaking with pride. As much as I want to hang on to this little boy forever-- I am so excited to see to let him spread his wings and explore the new world around him.
This morning as we were walking out the door he grabbed my hand and said, "Mom, I'm excited to go to school." He grabbed his backpack that he just had to take and got loaded up in the car. He was a little confused why he didn't get to go in the school bus, but trusted me enough to get in the car. Haha.
He had a great time with his friends. We are doing a joy school with the kids and I am so excited to be working with the other moms. We have a great group of women and have a fantastic curriculum. Everyone is on the same page and on board with the same ideas. I'm really looking forward to the year with them.
Brandee had the first week in her home and took some fun pictures of their first day as a class. Thanks for sharing Brandee.
Gluing his circles.
Puppets meet trains.
Taydens class. From left to right: Tayden, Luke, Dane, Ethan, Emily and Hannah.
At the beginning of Joy School Tayden:
-Can recognize all the letters if you ask him to show you which is which. However, if you show him the letter and ask what it is--he still forgets some.
-Is starting to learn the sounds of the letters.
-Can write A,E,H,I,L,O,T and U.
-Is pretty good at counting things and can count to 20. Most of the time.
-Hears a book a couple times and can tell the story back page by page.
- Is getting much better at expressing his feelings through words rather than actions.
-Has no sense of time. Everything is 'the last day', which can be from an hour ago to three weeks ago.
-Doesn't know the days of the week. Refers to days as 'church day' or 'library day', etc.
-Is starting to draw recognizable things.
-Always asks what words start with or what they mean.
-Is finally taking interest in learning.
I am so proud of this boy and can't wait to see what this year has in store.
1 comment:
Its so exciting! If the moms all work together and pull their own weight you guys will be great! But be patient with one another and understanding when preschool has to be cancelled. That was a huge deal in our neighborhood preschool.
Don't know if you know the days of the week song that goes with Adams Family, but our preschool caught on quickly that way. And the months of the year go along with ten little indians.
Love ya! Good luck!
Post a Comment