Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Good Days

It's been a pretty good 48 hours. I had a doctor appointment yesterday. Scott and the boys were able to come and meet my new doc and see the baby on the quick little ultrasound. The baby looks fantastic and his bowel looked as though it is almost completely cleared up. In fact, he said that if this was my 20 week ultrasound, he wouldn't have ordered any blood work or second ultrasound. He's not even sure if I need to do anymore full 2nd level ultrasound (the long detailed one). Brain and fluid look perfect and he is growing nice and big. Everything is pointing in the direction of a healthy baby. Of course, we won't know until he is born and his blood work and other tests are done, but right now, we are taking the good information and running with it. Its sad its taken this long...but I am finally able to be excited about this pregnancy and am actually looking forward to having a baby. Its nice to not have to worry so much and be able to enjoy his not so little movements. Here is my nice big belly at 34 weeks.


Today proved to be just as fun. I got a phone call at 7:00 this morning from my husband telling me he had a weather day, which means he didn't have to go to work and he was on his way home. Not only did he get to come home, but he brought home a gallon of chocolate milk and a loaf of bread to make french toast. He cooked everyone breakfast and watched some cartoons with the kiddies. It was a great morning.

I was also able to meet my best friend from high school at the airport this morning. She was on her way home to Texas and had a long lay over in Las Vegas. It was so fun to able to catch up with her and see her kids. I didn't realize how much I missed her until I had to say goodbye. 

Then, this afternoon...more greatness. A good old Vegas flash flood. We just had a good storm a few weeks ago, but they never get old. 

This is coming out our community. It was so deep that there were cars stalling all over the place.


I stole this picture from my friend. She lives in the next neighborhood north of us, closer to the mountain, and they had a complete mudslide river running down their road. Thanks for the picture, Cori.


After the rain subsided the weather cooled down considerably. We took advantage of the mid 70's temps and went out to ride bikes. Or in Becketts case, body surfing. He would run, get some speed and then hop on and ride down the road. And yes, he had to wear the hat...just like that.



Tayden has to get off his bike to pose whenever I take a picture. It cracks me up. The bottom picture is from the other day, again--getting off his bike to pose. Silly kid.



I finally convinced him to stay on his bike.


Nothing beats hanging out with these three handsome boys.




Except maybe finally getting to hang up my fall wreath.


That's pretty great too.
Just icing on the cake to a fantastic two days.




4 comments:

Lindsey Rasmussen said...

Glad everything looked well with the baby! Love that basketball of a belly you have! :)

Amanda said...

thats such a blessing that everything looks good!excited to see this new lil guy:)

Echo said...

Fun! I love crazy weather...as long as its not going to pick my house up and drop it somewhere else! Love the boys especially the previously posted "censor" he'll love that when he's older! And...I should TOTALLY hang my wreath!

Lisa said...

Pretty cute pictures! Love them!