I love a good Vegas thunderstorm. When it rains, it pours. The ground is so dry and hard that it doesn't soak up the rain and we get sweet flash floods. Its awesome. As the clouds rolled in this morning, I knew we were in for a treat.
The boys were so mesmerized by the rain. I let them go play on the back patio in it before it really started to pour.
I kicked myself all morning for letting the battery in my camera die. I could have got some super cute pictures. Luckily, I had my phone on hand.
Beckett would splash his hand in the water and run over to show me. He was having a blast.
Bahaha. He thinks he is just the funniest kid. He's kind of right.
This is out our front door. If you notice off to the left the stream of water. It was about 4 inches deep and running like a river.
On our way home from running morning errands, we passed the community golf course as usual. Only this time, there were lakes in place of the fairways. The water had pooled up all over the course.
It was just the rejuvenating break I need from the scorching heat of the desert. I welcomed the rain and cooler temperatures since the triple digits have been exhausting on my ever so pregnant self. Hopefully we'll have more rain in the future. Or at least cooler temperatures!
No comments:
Post a Comment