Doctor appointment today. Update for the family.
Things are good. My CMV blood work came back and is still semi puzzling. There are two antibodies of CMV. One level saying you have had CMV in the past and are now immune and one level saying you have a new infection. So either your infection is old or new. My blood work is rare and conflicting as both my antibodies are positive. Saying I should be immune, but have had a new infection. The ultrasounds have not shown any major concerns indicating the baby is infected and the doctor says its likely he'll receive a clean bill of health. Regardless, the baby will have to be checked for CMV after he is born. And we'll cross that bridge when we get there.
His bowel hasn't changed since the last appointment. It is still echogenic, but has not gotten worse. More importantly it is functioning and not dilated. So again, we'll have to check that out once baby comes.
And my favorite part of the appointment. Dr. R told me he would induce me! I have been very concerned about Scott's job and his availability during the delivery. I have wonderful friends who have volunteered to take the children at a moments notice, but am relieved to know we can make arrangements for them. It will be a huge blessing to be able to plan trips for our parents and family and make arrangements for them to come. We are looking at October 11th (yay Linds!) or the week of. 6 1/2 weeks and counting! I guess I better start washing some clothes for this boy!
All in all it was encouraging and I'm growing more and more excited to meet this sweet baby boy. Its coming up quickly and I can't wait to become a family of five!
4 comments:
What a great day to have a baby! ;) Plus we'll be coming through that week and would love to stop and see that sweet baby! Good luck Stace!!
I vote 10/10. Then I'll be able to be at the hospital to see baby boy P and Baby girl C! Also, it's my birthday lol.
10-11-12 is pretty awesome! And coming up quick!! Good luck with everything and keep us pocatello folk updated:) cant wait to see this newbies lil face!
So glad he is doing good. And yay for your doctor inducing. It is nice not to have to stress about that! I've been catching up on your blog, and I hope you guys are doing great!
Post a Comment