Scott has a school project thing tonight. He won't be back until late. That left me with two little boys to put to bed...on my own. For some people, this may be an easy task. For me, not so much. Tayden has quite the lengthy bed time routine and Beckett is learning to fall asleep on his own, which sometimes can take quite a few trips back and forth to sooth a fussy baby. Anyway, I have been nervous all day about it. Playing different scenarios in my head, trying to decide what approach would be best for this evening. I knew it was going to be a challenge.
But you know what? At 9:08-both boys were in bed.
It made me realize...I CAN do hard things.
WE can do hard things. Sometimes we wonder if we are going to survive heartache. We think that me we are too weak to take on a hard challenge. We ask, 'why us?'. We never think we will see the light at the end of the tunnel. We are scared to face a trial head-on.
But, we can do hard things. We can do hard things because the Lord has faith in us to do them. We can do hard things because HE is sharing our burden, no matter how small and insignificant it may seem (putting two kids to bed). He shares it. We can do hard things because that is who we are as children of God. He has asked us to do hard things and we respond with victory. The Lord has made us strong. He has made us purposeful. He has made us individually. He has made us great.
This is a small lesson I learned tonight that will make a huge impact on me directly as I move to Nevada. There will trying times ahead of me, but I know I can do it. I can do hard things. I know that in him all things are possible.
I CAN DO HARD THINGS.
And so can YOU!
3 comments:
how did you know i needed this today? :)
good luck with your move. if you're anything like me, moving away from "home" will be one of the hardest but most wonderful things you've ever done.
Amen sista'!
I'm so glad to hear that other people struggle with the seemingly simple acts of parenting...like putting 2 kids to bed. Sometimes I wonder why things like that are so hard for me when it seems like they're so easy for everyone else. I guess they're probably hard for all of us. I'm so excited for you guys, I agree with Erin, moving so far from family has been quite the struggle for me (you really don't realize how much your family does for you until they aren't there,)but it's been so so good for us as our own little family.
Post a Comment