Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July

I love the fourth of July. It is my favorite holiday of the year. This Independence Day was especially wonderful for two reasons. First, we got to participate in festivities both on Saturday and Sunday. Second, because we had a sweet little boy to share it with.

On Saturday we went to Inkom for our traditional breakfast in the park, parade, BBQ and fireworks. Tayden loved loved loved the parade. He likes big trucks, so seeing the floats was exciting...but not near as exciting as the candy. He would stomp his little feet in excitement when the candy landed in front of him and then would promptly pick it up and put it in his bucket. We seriously got about 5 lbs of candy. It was so much fun.

Sunday, we went to church were I truly took in the freedom to worship. How lucky we are. Then, we went to my parents for dinner and waited for it to get dark so we could watch the Pocatello fireworks. Thanks to my sister, we got to park behind Lowes to watch the show, and it was awesome. Tayden sat in his little camp chair with his blanket on his lamp in complete awe. It was the cutest thing.

This year was great and I am already looking forward to next year. We forgot our camera, but caught a few pictures on Scotts phone. Enjoy.

Our little family playing on Packards new toy. Mostly, I just love this picture because it shows how much Tayden loves his dog.

It was a little chilly, but we put on a jacket and survived.

It wasn't the greatest time to take a picture, but the moment truly was priceless.

Oh, and Tayden 'caught' his first fish... The first one of many I'm sure. Love it!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Thats a good sized fish! way to go Tayden!!!

Echo said...

Oh I miss everything about Idaho, especially the gallons of candy we would get at the Inkom parade!! Looks like you guys had a wonderful time...by the way, did you get your hair cut? I LOVE IT EITHER WAY! WAY CUTE!