Sunday, April 27, 2025

Easter

 We had a wonderful Easter this year. Per the advice from President Neslon, I worked really hard to make it special and more of a season then just a day. We decided our kids were old enough to remove the commercial aspect of the holiday. We didn't do Easter baskets or any egg hunts. I got them a few boxes of candy, but that was it. And you know what, it was fine. The kids were fine. Instead,  we followed the Holy Week and learned about each day leading up to the Resurrection. It was special and the week felt very reverant. At church, we sang "Joy to the World" as our closing hymn. I thought it was strange until we started singing. I listened to the words in a new light and it was just the praise I needed to sing. After a week of learning about the Savior, his life and sacrifice, it felt good to sing with such joy and love for the Ressurection. It was the perfect end to the week and I hope it becomes a tradition for our family. I am grateful for our Savior and the reality of the Ressurection. 




No comments: