The varsity football team held their yearly banquet. The coaches recognized all the players, but mainly focused on the seniors. We were surprised when a coach started talking about Tayden, saying he had his favorite quote of the year. The coach said, "My favorite quote of the season was from a player with a lot of confidence. We ran a play and the ball was coming to him. He said, "I got it Coach1" then dropped it. He ran back into the huddle and said, "Do it again. I got it Coach!" So, we reran it and he dropped it again! Back into the huddle and he said, "I got it Coach!" I wasn't sure he did at this point, but he was so insistent that we tried again. He had an insane catch in the end zone for a touchdown. I love that type of drive and confidence in my players."
It was so fun to hear Tayden be recognized for his hard work and dedication. He loves football and had such a great year this year.
At the banquet, they got to sign the State Championship poster, a bleacher chair, and a handful of footballs. It was a great night!
No comments:
Post a Comment