I made it through another semester. I thought for sure this was going to be the one that did me in. I was driving up to Rexburg four days a week and my classes were hard. I struggled to balance school, home, church, and everything else. I dropped more things than I would like to admit. However, my family were rock stars and they helped me make it through. Not only did I make it through, I passed with flying colors, securing another semester of straight A's. However, the best news isn't my grades, it's that I only have one year left. One more semester of classes and then student teaching. Going back to college has been such a ride. I have loved learning as an adult. I appreciate the content more and can focus on the lessons. I make more connections because of my life experiences and am not afraid to ask questions. However, being a mom and making sure that my kids aren't feeling neglected has been challenging. I've had to squeeze in homework any chance I get, study in the parking lots, and listen to assignments while I drive. It's been hard, but not impossible. And, if I'm being honest, I'm so darn proud of myself. I feel so accomplished and proud of my work. I'm good in the classroom and feel like as I move forward, I'm fulfilling a large portion of my potential. This semester I had the opportunity to work in a middle school classroom and I loved it. So much so that I think that's the direction I am going to go. I want to teach middle school. That is where my heart and educational views are the best match. I want to make a difference and help kids who feel unseen. I believe every child deserves an adult in their corner, cheering them on, and I can be that adult. I can make a difference. However, for now, I'm taking a break. And I'm really happy about it. I'm going to spend the next few months enjoying my time off with my kids, working on my senior portfolio, and taking my state tests. And next time this year, I'll be graduating! I'm really doing this!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment