Sunday, April 7, 2024

Easter

Another great Easter. Truthfully, I could have done a better job talking about Christ and the Resurrection this year. In fact, I did a terrible job. And I feel awful about it. School got the best of me the last week and I fell behind in what really mattered. 

We spend the Sabbath in Inkom celebrating with Scott's family. It was a beautiful service and I loved worshiping with our family. After church, we hung out at the house, ate brunch, did an egg hunt, and played games. It was a fun time. 

On the way home, we talked about the Ressurection and what it means for us. It was a short conversation, but I never want my boys to doubt the meaning of this holiday or my belief in it. Our Easter baskets, if you can call them that, were less than minimal this year. At the end of the day, we put out some candy on the table and said Happy Easter. We laughed about it but, I just didn't feel right about putting the commercialism of the holiday first. 

I know our Redeemer lived and died, and then rose to live again. I know that because that happened, I can live with my family again, death is not the end, nor is this life the beginning. We are part of an eternal plan and I am eternally grateful. 













 

No comments: