Sunday, October 29, 2023

Home Sweet Home

Eight and half years ago, when we moved into this house, it was a "good enough for now" house. It wasn't meant to be the house we lived in forever. It wasn't meant to be our last home. At this point in my life, I thought I'd have a nicer, bigger home. 

  Over the years, I have learned that a home is much more than the four walls and decor within. 
 I love my house more than ever. This house has become our home. Where we are safe from the outside world. It's our soft place to land and connect with each other. It's where we have grown, learned, and loved. I wouldn't trade this place for anything. I can't wait to raise my family here. To have sleepovers with grandkids here. And to grow old with Scott here.

Sometimes, when the sun shines through my windows, my heart bursts with love and gratitude for this home. I feel so blessed to live here and in this neighborhood with my family. Life is so so good. 





 

No comments: