Last week, we took a quick trip to Twin Falls. I mean, quick. Less than 24 hours. And in that time, we smashed in all the fun we could. The adults went to dinner and walked around the canyon while the kids stayed home and hung out. We stayed up way too late, laughed too hard, and had so much fun.
The following day, Scott took the older boys golfing. They really enjoyed golfing on a new course and Scott showed an amazing amount of patience with the Dalley boys since it was their first time ever going. I love that golfing is becoming a family hobby. It is so fun to share.
Nicole and I took the younger kids for a walk around her block. She lives in the coolest neighborhood. It's older and well-established and all the people know and love each other. It took us a good hour to walk around the block because we stopped and talked to so many people. Also, everyone had neat things for the kids to do. We stopped and fed sheep, rock climbed, looked at bees, and chatted with everyone we saw. Later in the afternoon, we went to a neighbor's house and rode horses. It was fun to do something different!
Nicole and I have been friends for 25 years. And it's so great watching the boys and our husbands develop that same kind of friendship. The kids act more like cousins than friends. The Dalleys really are the family we choose!


No comments:
Post a Comment