Sunday, June 4, 2023

Small Kitchen, Big Love


 I was watching a show the other day, where a couple was trying to find a new house. Every house they looked at wasn't quite good enough. The paint color was off, the cabinets were ugly, or the kitchen was too small. There was something wrong with every single one. It really got me thinking about how grateful I am for my home. It's nothing fancy, but it's ours and it's safe. 

Our kitchen in particular is quite small. It's not the kitchen I would design or call my dream. However, this kitchen has helped feed my family for eight years. It has housed many late-night conversations with my husband, or kids as they come in from being out with friends. This kitchen has witnessed my children learning to make pancakes and hamburgers, and creations of their own. I've helped the kids with homework as I cook dinner in this kitchen. From the sink, I've been able to watch the lives of my kids unfold. I've lived life in this kitchen. 

This small kitchen is a blessing. This kitchen helped our house become our home. And I will always be grateful for it. 

No comments: