The other day was rough. Super duper rough. It all started when I told the kids they had to pick up dog poop before the snow came. They were less than thrilled. Less than thrilled turned into arguments and fighting and eventually tears. I had been subbing all week and my to do list was stacking up. My frustration level was high and I had had it. So, I took away screens for the rest of the day and ordered a reset for everyone. The boys knew I was fed up, so they didn't dare cross me and doubt the consequence. What happened next was beautiful. Peace and calm.
Tayden headed off to basketball practice and the other three stayed home. Kyle got to working on some Perler Beads, Cache drew and Beckett cooked french toast while I sorted laundry. I had to stop and appreciate that exact moment of calm and pat on myself of the back for handling a hard situation and coming up with a win. Being a mom is hard, but I love those times where it feels easy!
No comments:
Post a Comment