My family is growing and the kids are getting older. The older they get the more independent they become. Independence reared its ugly head when Tayden decided to stay home and watch the football game instead of trick or treating. That is true to Tayden, football over all. However, he did go out later with a buddy for about 30 minutes between games.
Beckett earned his fourth grade right of passage and went alone with some friends. He was so excited and they were out for ever! He ended up with six pounds of candy and could not have been more pleased. After trick or treating they watched a movie and partied until 10pm!
That left Cache and Kyle with Scott and I. Cache had a bit of a stomach bug the day before and wasn't feeling 100%, but came out for a bit. After he was done, we dropped him off with Tayden and Scott and I finished up with Kyle alone.
Kyle provided Scott with some of his proudest dad moments. Kyle is cut from the same cloth and loves candy, even more...free candy. He was sprinting from house to house and never slowed down a bit. As we walked up to a bucket of candy left on the porch he asked Scott what the sign said. Scott read, "Only one please" Kyle's reply, "One piece? More like one bucket!" At another porch bucket he took a handful. Scott told him only one and he said, "What? I don't see an invisible sign telling me how many I can have!"
The night came to an end and we tucked the little boys in bed. With Tayden and his friend downstairs watching the game and Beckett at his friends house, Scott and I watched a movie. It was strange and awesome all wrapped into one. Watching the older boys do their own thing has me grasping at the younger boys youth and begging them to stay little a while longer. Simultaneously, I'm excited for the day that they can experience the joy independence. Motherhood is a trip.
Happy Halloween, but happier its over. On to the next!
No comments:
Post a Comment