Friday, January 3, 2020

2020

And just like that we enter into a new year. A new decade! Its amazing to look back on the past ten years and see how our life has changed. We have moved four different times between two states. Scotts changed jobs three times. We've had three different schools and more wards than I can count...but I'm thinking five or six? We added three boys to our family and another dog. We bought property in Ashton. But my favorite thing about the past ten years in how we've settled into a great life that we love. We're coming up on five years in the same home, longer than anywhere we've ever been. Our kids are grounded in a great school and neighborhood with friends everywhere. We know our town and see friends at the store. Life is constant and familiar and we love it so much.

We rang in the new year the best way we know how, with our friends. We played games, watched football, ate good food and stayed out entirely too late. A perfect evening.



Calyn Peterson and her daughter Laynie, Jodie Hansen, Stacey Packard, Heather Petrus with her daughter Leah and Kristie Denning. 


This year we have decided on some family goals. The church has changed the youth programs and are implementing a new individual goal based program. Our kids aren't quite old enough to be doing it on their own, so we decided as a family what we wanted to work on. We made a weekly chart to help us study, "Come, Follow Me" and then decided on outdoor skills we want to learn to help keep us safe in Ashton. Once we learn the outdoor skills, we will decide on new family goals. I'm excited to have family goals and I'm crossing my fingers we can stick with it.

2019 was so good to our family and I'm looking forward to 2020. I love the renewal that a new year brings. I love fresh starts, new color coded planners and the chance to reevaluate life. I'm feeling so blessed today! Happy New Year!!!

No comments: