We were invited to a Christmas play at a Christian church by Scotts friend/co-worker. We took the kids and attended the Friday night show. It was a good play and the message of love for the Savior was obvious, but there was so much lacking. And the kids noticed it as well. Mainly Tayden. We commented on the difference in prayer, and lack of reverence for Christ as they casually called him Jesus, and the absence of the spirit. It was my first experience in a church setting of another faith and it made me more grateful than ever for the truthfulness of the gospel. I'm grateful to belong to the restored gospel with all the facts and truth. I'm grateful to know that our Prophet has been called of God and we receive modern revelation. I'm grateful for the Book of Mormon, the keystone of our religion. And I'm grateful that I get to feel the spirit on a regular basis.
Sunday, December 15, 2019
Strep and a Story
Poor Kyle. Its been another long week. He was feeling under the weather again and all signs pointed to strep. Sure enough the strep test came out positive and he was on his way for another antibiotic. This is his second case in 30 days. I have a feeling we'll be head to the hospital soon to get his tonsils removed. I'm hoping not, but I guess only time will tell.

We were invited to a Christmas play at a Christian church by Scotts friend/co-worker. We took the kids and attended the Friday night show. It was a good play and the message of love for the Savior was obvious, but there was so much lacking. And the kids noticed it as well. Mainly Tayden. We commented on the difference in prayer, and lack of reverence for Christ as they casually called him Jesus, and the absence of the spirit. It was my first experience in a church setting of another faith and it made me more grateful than ever for the truthfulness of the gospel. I'm grateful to belong to the restored gospel with all the facts and truth. I'm grateful to know that our Prophet has been called of God and we receive modern revelation. I'm grateful for the Book of Mormon, the keystone of our religion. And I'm grateful that I get to feel the spirit on a regular basis.
We were invited to a Christmas play at a Christian church by Scotts friend/co-worker. We took the kids and attended the Friday night show. It was a good play and the message of love for the Savior was obvious, but there was so much lacking. And the kids noticed it as well. Mainly Tayden. We commented on the difference in prayer, and lack of reverence for Christ as they casually called him Jesus, and the absence of the spirit. It was my first experience in a church setting of another faith and it made me more grateful than ever for the truthfulness of the gospel. I'm grateful to belong to the restored gospel with all the facts and truth. I'm grateful to know that our Prophet has been called of God and we receive modern revelation. I'm grateful for the Book of Mormon, the keystone of our religion. And I'm grateful that I get to feel the spirit on a regular basis.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment