Wednesday: The week started off with a spontaneous trip to the water park in Rexburg. We went with a group of friends, so everyone had someone to play with and everyone was happy. I love this water park because it isn't too big and the water isn't too deep. The big boys were able to go off and play with friends. Even Cache could go in the lazy river without me, as long as he was with someone. The kid area is great and Kyle had a blast hanging out there. As for me, I enjoyed some friend time myself. I love this group of ladies!
Qwayde and Beckett
Drake, Tayden, Mason and Luke.
Kyle and Norah
Jodie Hansen, Stacey Packard, Meghan Fransen, Kristie Denning, Calyn Peterson.
We played longer than I anticipated and had the sunburns to show for it. We rushed home to see Echo and the kids. They were only here for a few short days so we didn't want to miss out on a minute.
Thursday: The next day we took the Mennears to Rigby Lake to go kayaking. My kids could not have been more thrilled to have another fun day in the sun. The whole time, I kept mentioning we needed a picture with all the kids, but do you think that happened? Nope! I was bummed, but we had a blast with Coda and Gracie. They are growing so quickly, but they are so great to hang out with their little cousins. And my boys absolutely adore them. Coda had a secret hand shake with Ky, played non stop with Tayden, indulged Beckett and laughed at Cache. Gracie was equally as great and kept the peace between all the boys. She kept up with them and played just as hard and made sure they all felt special. They are the best kids around. My favorite part of the lake was watching Kyle paddle with a shovel!
Friday: We said good bye to the Mennears and went on with our day. I had to run an errand and as soon as I got back, Scott said, "Hurry and pack. We're going on a date." The kids were ready to stay with my parents, the dogs were situated and everyone was waiting on me. I threw together a quick overnight bag and we were off. After about an hour of begging him to tell me what was going on, he finally conceded. He was taking me to see HUGH JACKMAN!! Now, its no secret I love Hugh Jackman. Alot. He is my all time favorite male actor and just so darn handsome. So to say I was thrilled, is a huge understatement. Scotts company bought out some box seats for the show, so he was able to get a great deal on seats. We watched the show, ate good food and enjoyed our time together without the kiddos. And I especially enjoyed Hugh. He was incredible. Best show ever.
Saturday: To end the fabulous week, we got to see our good friends the Turneys before he headed back to Idaho. It just so happened that our paths would be crossing in Utah and we were able to meet for breakfast. It was a short hour, but worth a million dollars. I love these people!
It was a wonderful week!
















No comments:
Post a Comment