Friday, July 26, 2019

Thing after Thing

I've been wanted to blog about our latest trip to the lake for over a week now. But things just kept coming up one after another that kept me from blogging.

Things like the fire by near the INL that evacuated Scott and all other non essentional personal and curtailed him an extra day. Two bonus days in the middle of the week with Scott really threw off my schedule and the last thing I wanted to do was blog while he was home. We were able to get some work started for the flooring project and began taking the trim off the walls. He has pictures of the fire, but has to have them approved from his superiors before we can share them. So hopefully more details to come.

The other thing that has kept me busy has been non stop phone calls with window people. Allow me to explain. As Scott was tearing down trim, I asked what he thought about buying a smaller couch for upstairs so could we push our dinner table out a little bit to open up our dining room. He said that was fine, but we would have to sale one of our couches first. I knew we could get more money for our basement couch, so I planned on selling it and moving the upstairs couch downstairs. I listed it for sale online for $1,000 but Scott told me that wasn't enough. I raised the price to $1500 thinking that no one would be interested. I was wrong. The couch sold four hours later for the full price of $1500! I was ecstatic! Later that night we started to move the couch downstairs, but we got stuck. It won't budge. The couch is too big! So basically we're down a couch for nothing. I sold the good couch for nothing. Absolutely nothing! Feeling frustrated and defeated we went to bed. The next morning we decided to call some window places to see if they could remove the window so we could put the couch in through the window. We're waiting back to see if that will pan out, and boy oh boy am I crossing my fingers!

The last reason I've been so busy is my favorite. My brother has been in town. I have spent every waking hour I can with him. I've taken all of one picture, but it sums up his trip perfectly! My boys can not get enough of Uncle Justin. Especially Kyle. He loves him so much. My brother can't go anywhere with out the little side kick following him around. It makes my heart so happy!



But here I am, with a quiet few minutes to finally post pictures of the lake. We are falling in love with this place more and more. So much so that there is talk about buying some land of our own. We would co-own an acre with our good friends, the Snarrs. The land is completely undeveloped and there is a lot of work thats needs to go into it. But the thought of our boys helping clear the land and help build a home away from home is extremely appealing. And having a place for our family and future generations to gather at is dreamy. We have been researching it out and the more we think about pray about it, the more it feels like the right thing to do. We will begin negotiations with the land owner soon and I'm hoping it pans out.






























No comments: