Thursday, January 3, 2019

Twenty Nineteen

Wow! 2019. Just when I was getting the hang of 2018. I have so many thoughts running through my head about changes I've made in the last three months and habits I hope to keep in the upcoming year. So many of my thoughts are directed towards our dear Prophet, President Nelson, and his clear inspiration for the women of the LDS church. 

As I mentioned before, President Nelson gave the challenge to read the Book of Mormon before the years end. And guess what, I DID IT! I am so proud of myself. However, the really amazing part is the habit that it evoked. My morning routine is the same everyday. I wake up at 4:30 and head to the gym. I get home about 5:45 and read my scriptures. Then shower and get ready before the kids wake up. Now that I am done with the Book of Mormon, I dedicate my scripture time to the new church curriculum. President Nelson has changed the three hour Sunday block to a two hour block and has asked that we conduct more learning time at home. The doctrine is now to be, "Home Centered, Church Supported." 

The transisition has been seamless. There is no doubt in my mind that the challenge was given to us by divine revelation. Not only has a habit formed, but a love for learning. My goal for this year is nothing new, but to keep up this habit. I've felt it missing for years, but never quite knew what was missing or how to fix it. But now that I have it in my life, and the blessings of it, I don't want to give it up.

Along those lines is a new goal. To hold family church study every Sunday after dinner. We started off on the right foot and discussed the material this week. It was awesome and the kids actually took part in the lesson. I'm very excited to see how this helps us grow as a family and how it helps my children learn the gospel on a deeper level. 

I also plan to continue monthly temple attendance. Hopefully as school lets out, I'll be able to attend more endowment sessions, but for now I am so pleased with the initiatory work I'm doing.

Maybe its me getting older, or just the truthfulness of the gospel hitting me, or maybe a touch of both. But I feel so strongly that if I keep my spiritual life in order all other things will fall into place. Yes, I want to lose a little weight and gain some muscle. I want to keep my house clean and stay up on laundry. I want to enforce house rules with more consistency and be a better mom. But all of these things come in second to strengthening my spiritual self. I know the biggest gift I can give my kids, it that of a spiritual mother. 

Happy New Years!  


No comments: