Monday, September 10, 2018

September Catch Up

Wow! What a week. Its been a crazy one. As if two football team practices, school, scouts, dads school, book clubs and my school volunteering isn't enough...Scott manages to squeeze in an angioplasty for his heart. But first things first.

Last Saturday both the boys had a "bye" week for football and didn't have any games. We decided to take advantage of the weekend off and drove to Utah to the Hogle Zoo. It was fun. It was great to get out of the house and do something as a family. The kids didn't love it as much as we anticipated, but we still had a good time together.






















Then to extend the family fun, Sunday night we spent the evening playing at the park. It was dreamy. 












Everything else during the week went well. School was good for the boys. Especially Kyle, who had his first day of Joy School.





Fast forward to Friday and Scotts little stay in the hospital. For the past few weeks he has been having some strange symptoms. He's been abnormally tired for months, but lately he has been short of breath and has been having chest pain. He went to the doctor where they conducted a stress test. The results came back abnormal and we was referred to a cardiologist. The cardiologist suggested an angiogram to scope his heart.

On Friday, Scott went in to the hospital expecting to have a quick procedure and come home later that day. We were surprised to find out his left artery was 85% clogged and he required a stent. The placement of his blocked artery is called the Widow Maker and the doctor expressed how lucky we were that we caught it when we did. Had he had a heart attack in that condition, the changes of survival are less than ideal.

Although its a scary thing, modern medicine is such a blessing. Scott was awake during the procedure as they inserted a catheter through his wrist. He only stayed in the hospital one night and immediately felt better. He was even able to go back to work Monday.










I am so thankful for Scotts Dad. He came up Thursday to give him a blessing and suggested I get a blessing as well. I felt so calm the night before and during the procedure and I'm sure it was because of the blessing. Then, on Friday he stayed with Scott in the morning while I got the kids to school. He was there during the procedure, when Scott met with the doctor and then hung out with him until I got there. He kept me updated and knowing he was there kept me calm. He is such a blessing to our family.

It was a good week and I feel so grateful to my Heavenly Father for watching over our family. I've felt his presence so strong lately and knowing he is with me is the greatest blessing of all.

No comments: