Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Christmas 2017

Christmas was so great this year. Scott and I got new phones and all the pictures of Christmas are on the old phones, so as soon as I get access to them, I’ll post the Christmas pictures. But I didn’t want that little hiccup to stop me from posting about a great day.

We spent Christmas Eve at Grandma and Grandpa Packard’s house. We went to church, ate pizza, did crafts, played games and enjoyed each others company. Cheryl really put in a lot of effort to make it a fun day and boy, did she succeed. She and Dave bought Ky a remote control fire truck and it has been the highlight of Christmas for him. He loved opening presents more than the other boys. He didn’t care about what was inside so much, just about ripping the paper to shreds.

Christmas Day was spent at our house. Opening gifts, lazy breakfast, playing with new toys,  PJ’s all day and a nice ham dinner to end with. My perfect idea of Christmas. Grandma and grandpa Mennear and JoDell came for a few hours. We exchanged gifts and gabbed for a bit. JoDell got Cache a remote control tarantula and he hasn’t stopped playing with it.

It was a great Christmas this year. Truly, one of the best. We spent the month finding ways to serve and trying to follow Light the World the best we could. We held Sunday night devotionals and talked about the Savior. More than anything in this world, I want my boys to know about Christ and know that their mother loves him. And I’m grateful Christmas provides such a wonderful opportunity to show that.


No comments: