Friday, November 24, 2017

Thanksgiving Birthday

Scott's birthday wasn't actually on Thanksgiving, but it was the day before and it sure felt like it. I spent the day baking pies, making roles and cooking cake. The boys sat around the table crafting cards and banners for their dad, I worked in the kitchen, the Christmas music played and the dogs laid around. It was quite the perfect afternoon. 



The kids were so excited to celebrate Scott. We made the best camouflage cake we could and sang loud and proud for our daddy. We sure love him. 






Thanksgiving was so wonderful. We spent the day at Packards house and the evening at the Mennears. I love being surrounded by our family. My favorite part of the day was watching Beckett devour the turkey leg his grandpa Packard gave him. Cache tried his best on the other one. 


I'm so grateful for the life I have. As I watched my kids fill our thankful tree and listened to them voice their gratitudes this month, my heart swelled. We have so much to be thankful for. Our house, our shoes, food, brothers to play with, elk and deer in the freezer, lights that work, warm beds, church, grandparents, pets, dads job, America, cake on birthdays...the list goes on and on. We really are so blessed. 


No comments: