Excited as I was, I think our dog was just as excited. Even though she was terrified of the meat hanging in the garage and wouldn't come near Scott until he showered off the smell of death, once she got a bone...she learned that hunting isn't so bad after all.
Scott is the hunter and butcher, while I pack the meat. I have a system and my weird OCD self likes to have the all the packages in my hand writing. This year, I got the boys involved and even let Cache do some of the writing.
And while it would have bothered me years ago, the pride I was feeling was too overwhelming to be bugged. I was proud of Cache for writing, Scott for providing and my family for working together to get it done. I love that my boys will have this tradition and skill and all the memories that go with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment