Monday, July 3, 2017

Four Blissful Days

We are just coming off four of the most blissful days.

Thursday:
I woke up at 6am, surprised to see Scott still in bed with me. I nudged him awake and told him he was late for work. He informed me he was taking the day off to watch the last day of baseball. I was taken off guard and spent the rest of the morning in bed thinking and rearranging my day with Scott at home. When he woke up he suggested we hurry and get ready and take the kids to breakfast. It was such a fun and different thing to do and boys absolutely loved it.



We headed to the last set of ball games and the boys great. They really had a great year and learned alot. But mostly, I am proud of their attitudes. They had great sportsmanship, never gave up and walked away smiling after every game.




We spent the rest of the day outside working on the shed and garage. We ordered pizza and ate while we worked. It was one of those magical moments when  you look around and really love life.

Friday:
My Uncle Rich and his family came down from Oregon so my grandma threw a small family get together. We spent the evening at her house laughing with cousins, watching the kids play, eating good food and retelling stories. Tayden, Beckett and Cache stayed the night with my parents and we took Kyle home...entirely too late. As we pulled into Idaho Falls at 11:40pm, Scott wanted some ice cream and stopped at McDonalds. The stop woke Ky up and his dad bought him an ice cream cone too. Scott and I laughed at our fourth baby parenting. It was 11:45 and our baby was up eating ice cream. There is NO WAY I would have every been able to relax enough to do that with Tayden. Our beaming Kyle loved it and I was so happy and content.

Saturday:
It was just the three of us. It made for a quiet morning and as much as Ky missed his siblings, he sure loved time with just Mom and Dad. We got quite a bit of stuff accomplished and had time to play downstairs. Kyle was in heaven with all the toys and without brothers to take anything away or tell him how to play. Scott and I soaked him up and loved on him all day. I was surprised at how much all three of us benefited for some time together. We picked up the boys in the evening to watch the Blackfoot Firework show with my parents. Grandma and Grandpa Packard and Ashley met us at my parents to watch with us. During the firework show Kyle kept yelling and screaming to everyone about the fireworks. Each of the four grandparents ewwed and ahhed over Ky as much as the fireworks. He was so fun to watch. Cache was a little close for comfort, even though we were miles away. And Tayden and Beckett loved it. We pulled into my parents around 10:45 and had ice cream and pizza. Again, I looked around and laughed at what my life has become and thanked myself for learning how to let loose. Sitting around my parents island late into the night and eating pizza and ice cream with my kids will probably be one of my favorite memories.



Sunday:
We did nothing put sit around and relax. We did our Sunday usual...no TV before church, play, eat and hang out...then headed to church. Scott cooked the most delicious ribs and I made cookies. It was the perfect way to end the long weekend.

No comments: