Last night, I laid in bed and realized I hadn't taken one picture of Thanksgiving. Not a picture of my kids, my husband or even my beautiful pie. At first I was a little bummed, but then realized how awesome it was to a have a day full of real face time. And it was such a great day.
We spent the day with family, just the way I like it. Moving to Idaho has been such a blessing. I love getting in the car and driving to see Grandma and Grandpa, and coming home to sleep in our own beds. It was awesome to be with everyone and soak in some good family time.
This year, as I helped clean up dinner at my in laws house, I felt incredibly blessed to be a part of such a great family. Dave and Cheryl love my boys. They love Scott and me. And they want what is best for us. They have done countless kind acts for us over the years and many of our dreams and achievements wouldn't have happened without their love and support. They cheered us on as we drove away to Vegas and welcomed us back with open arms when we left. They have given us sound advice and steered us in the right direction. They have put up with my crazy daughter in law antics, like my fear of sugar, but respected me just the same. They taught Scott to be a good, hard working provider. I am grateful to be an appendage of their family.
We also stopped at my parents, where I felt equally as grateful. I have always looked up to my parents. They have guided me all my life to help me make the best decisions possible. They have listened to me whine, complain, cry and flat out mope and then helped me to my feet when I was done. They have always lent a helping hand. Encouraged us when it was hard. Offered us their seasoned advice, but left us to our own devices to make our decisions. Then trusted our decisions. They have welcomed Scott in as their own and have pride in him. My parents love my children. They look after them, worry about them and make sure there is always a box of rootbeer milk in the fridge for them. I came from the best home and I thank my Heavenly Father for it.
And it wouldn't be Thanksgiving if I didn't share my gratitude for my own family. Never in a million years would I have thought I'd end up with four boys. But true to His word, Gods plan is perfect... my life with my boys is so fulfilling. I love being a boy mom. Its chaotic and a never ending wrestling match. But at the end of the day, when the cuddles are frequent, my heart could burst. Selfishly, I wish I could be the love of their lives forever. They are amazing. Strong, kind, brave boys. I pray to do them justice by teaching them as our parents taught us. And Scott, where would I be without him? He is my polar opposite and there are few things we see eye to eye on. But he is my world. Marriage is hard, but I am lucky to be figuring it out with my best friend. He provides for us by working harder in a day than most do all week. And every night he wraps his arms around me and tells me he loves me, and he means it. Being loved by him is my greatest blessing of all.
I love that Thanksgiving gives us a day to remember all of our blessings. It sets the stage for the Spirit of Christmas. This is the best time of the year.
No comments:
Post a Comment