Mother's Day this weekend was less than great. And as much as it pains me to say it, it's true. And since this is a family journal, I figure we need to remember both good and bad. So here goes. After Tayden got strep, the others started acting sick. After a few days, I decided to take them in. Beckett and Cache turned up with ear infections. The doctor said it looked like strep as well, but considering the antibiotic for the ear infection, we opted to not test. Kyle checked out okay, but that was soon about to change.
Saturday morning rolled around and Scott was out working on my grandmas house remodel. I had been taking care of sick kids for nine straight days and was exhausted. Kyle woke up so sick and trying to console him was impossible. He wouldn't let me put him down, and cried a good portion of the day. It was all I could take and my spirit broke. My mom caught wind and came to my rescue. She brought dinner, flowers and laughs. She tucked my kids in bed, told stories and gave me the sanity she knew I needed.
Poor Kyle laid on my lap all afternoon. He would just cry then fall asleep. It was miserable.
I'm so extrememly grateful for my mom. She really saved my day.
Mother's Day wasn't any better. Taydens favorite black church pants had a hole in them and it was devastating. He and Scott got into it and it was a downward spiral from there. We headed to church, but I ended up staying in he car with a super upset Tayden. Long miserable story short, we all left church, I missed my Mother's Day relief society lesson and we never recovered the day.
But, that doesn't change the fact that I love my boys and I love being a mom. Sunday was real life and that is what motherhood is. It's full of ups and downs, but it's amazing how the love stays constant and even. Being a mother is the greatest blessing and I wouldn't change it for a million easy days.



No comments:
Post a Comment