Monday, April 11, 2016

Day Worth Noting

Today was a good day. It all started when Ky decided to sleep through the night for the very first time in his 12 months, 1 week and 2 days of life. Of course, Beckett had a nightmare last night, so I was up with him. But I wasn't up with the baby, so its still a mega win. 


The sun was shining today and the weather was awesome so we decided to walk to Becketts preschool to pick him up. It was so nice to be outside and breath some fresh air. On the way, Jodie asked if we'd like to go to the new Gelati place down the road. We accepted and hurried home to get ready. 

Cache even did his own hair. With a gallon of gel. 

I had to laugh, because the other option was to freak. 


I knew there was trouble when I watched him walk into the kitchen fixing his mohawk. 



He sure was proud of himself. 

I even got a little sewing done today. The library basket was being ripped apart, so I fashioned up a little liner. Its not without fault, but still cute and will keep my basket in one piece. 


The best part of today was when Scott came home early to take us fishing. 




I love these sweet brothers.  

Cache had to join in. 


Kyle loved it too. 

The worst part of the day is that we didn't catch a darn thing. And Beckett was feeling cheated that he didn't get to fish. He threw an epic fit. He is really pushing every last button these days. It seems to be that five is going to be a rough year with Beckett. He feels everything so strongly and he feels legitimately picked on. We're going to have to figure something out, because these fits are getting old. 



I gave him a good talking to in the car and he calmed down. But was still upset. 

To soothe the pain of the evening, Scott went back to Rita's (the gelati shop down the road) and got us a treat to share. 


Today was an extra ordinary, but so great, day. 

No comments: