Thursday, December 25, 2014

Christmas Part One

This Christmas was great. Different, but great. I missed being in my own home doing our own things and missed spending the season with our Las Vegas family. But spending the holiday with our families was priceless. It was fun to share this special day with those we love. Though we missed a few. 

I didn't spend as much time as I would have liked focusing on the savior this year. I found excuses such as not being in our own space or having our own things. Keeping up with life these days is exhausting and I told myself I was too tired. One way or another I didn't do as much as I should have and feel like I lost out on some great teaching opportunities or family learning moments. 

However, I'm grateful that my kids know of Jesus Christ. I'm grateful they have a pure love for him that only children seem to possess. And I'm grateful that even though I didn't teach them as I should have, they still taught me. 

I learned about his love though the big brotherly kindness of Tayden. I learned about joy through the unbridled passions of Beckett. Cache teaches never ending forgiveness and humility. And the baby boy I carry teaches me everyday of the miracle of life. 

I know they can be crazy and don't listen as well as we'd like. There are days the prospect of raising four boys scares me to death. But they are good. They are full of the goodness that God created them with and are my greatest examples. I love them so much it hurts. 

I am grateful that this time of year always makes me reflect on the good that surrounds me. I look at Scott in awe. What a wonderful man I married. My love runs deep for him and in many ways I wonder how I lived without him. He completes the parts of me I didn't know we're missing. I look at the boys and thank my lucky stars I get to be their mom. I feel the love of my parents for letting us stay with them while we're in limbo. I see the kindness of strangers reaching out to those in need. I think of the Savior and his humble start. His sacrifice for me. I admire Mary for everything she endured to bring her son and my brother into this earth. It's hard not to be grateful. 

I am thankful for the holidays and the sweet reminder they are to us. I hope I can keep that sweet spirit with me through out the year. 

No comments: