Thursday, February 20, 2014

Desert Gems

This week I discovered two new desert gems.

The first, Calico Basin. I have heard my friends talk about it over and over, but I haven't been there until now. We did a little field trip for Becketts preschool and it was awesome. Its only about 20 minutes from the house and is a great place to let the kids run, get some fresh air and look at some awesome rocks. I can't believe we've been in Vegas almost 3 years and I am barely experiencing this awesomeness. This is definitely going to be a visitor stop when people come. *hint hint*

The basin boasts an awesome boardwalk. There are also actual hiking paths, but the boardwalk is perfect for the kids. 


Cache loved it too.

And the second desert gem, my very own backyard! We put in grass this weekend and I could not be happier. Everyone worked together and we (mostly) had fun doing it. I mostly enjoyed being outside and getting my hands dirty. My little Idaho heart was bursting with happiness. After it was laid, we all just sat in the back and enjoyed it. Then Tayden promptly brought down his toys and played outside for a little bit. It is my little slice of heaven. And little it is, but even more so heavenly. My very own oasis.

We'll move the tramp back to the corner of the yard and the eventually get an outdoor table for the patio. We love eating outside. 





Cache's cheese face. We're in trouble! 

Fixing the sprinklers. Barefoot and soaking wet in the middle of February.

The desert does have some perks afterall. 





1 comment:

Lindsey Rasmussen said...

Love the backyard! Super jealous you have your own space. Looks great!