For Becketts preschool class we had planned to take the boys for a little hike on a local trail in Red Rock. When we woke up, it was cloudy, foggy and rainy. We didn't get to go on the hike and to say the boys were disappointed in a major understatement. The only thing that would soothe the poor boys hearts was an awesome fort built by yours truly. We watched movies and ate lunch and dinner under the fort. It was awesome and stayed up all weekend.
Yes, I ghetto rigged two portable DVD's on top the dog kennel because I am just that awesome.
When we woke up Saturday, Tayden quickly reported that it was perfect hiking weather. So after naps, we packed up the kids and went for a hike. We borrowed a backpack from some friends and Cache loved it after he stopped crying! We went to up a trail that is literally 2 minutes from our house... I love where we live. It was really fun and it was a nice change of pace.
This is our development. I don't know why I didn't take a picture from the top of the mountain, but this is mid hike. The large building in the bottom right is Taydens school.
Close up of the strip.
It was really super bright.
And this city dog loved it more than anyone I think.
It was a good Saturday.
Hopefully we can make it out more before it gets too hot and the snakes come out!
No comments:
Post a Comment