Sunday, December 15, 2013

Christmas-ing

Its the middle of December and we are in full blown Christmas mode. With the lack of winter weather in Las Vegas its easy to forget what time of year it is, so we kind of go overboard with Christmas stuff so we can experience our own Las Vegas Christmas magic. 


We put up the tree the night of Thanksgiving. I have a strict 'no touching the Christmas tree or presents' policy in my house. Even Cache abides. This year the boys wanted to help decorate so in the spirit of Christmas, I let them. We made a huge disaster and I was on the brink of a over obsessive break down, but it was fun and I fixed everything as soon as they went to bed. 

Since I am crazy about my tree I let the boys participate in everything else Christmas. This is the advent calender they helped create and put up on the wall. Everyday there is a new activity to do as a family. Some days it's a fun activity like building a fort and reading Christmas books or watch a favorite Christmas movie and drink hot chocolate. Other days it is a spiritual experience to help remember the reason for the season like writing out our gifts to Jesus this year or brainstorming ideas to bring peace into our home. As gifts to Christ, Dad decided to be nice. Mom worked on patience. Tayden was going to try harder to listen to Mom and Dad. Beckett was practicing using his nice voice (really we just wanted to help him speak in general). And Cache was going to try to sleep at night. 


We've been Christmasing quite a bit so far this December. Here are a few things we've done.

Our ward Christmas party was a blast this year. Scott had to work so braved it alone with the boys. There was a fun photo booth with Christmas props and an outdoor train ride that the kids loved. I love our new ward!




 Santa also sent the boys personalized videos. This was the first time the boys watched their message from Santa. They were pretty enamored. 


We ventured out for our traditional Christmas outing with the Turneys. The night includes the conservatory at the Bellagio, dinner and McDonalds and then the lights at the Cactus gardens. We've done it for the past three Christmases and it always proves to be one of my favorite nights. I love the picture of Scott and the kids on the stroller. This is the most legit stroller you will every come across. Four kids, one awesome stroller. Doesn't get better. 





I love seeing the progression of my family. 


Below is baby Caches WOW face. Isn't it the sweetest? He was impressed with the awesome decorations of the Bellagio. They really were something else this year, complete with flying reindeer, walk through snow globe and the biggest Christmas tree.





And of course, on of my favorite things is wrapping presents and putting them under the tree. I have a slight infatuation with wrapping and displaying. Scott laughs at me, but I just love wrapping things. 


And lastly, but certainly most important. We've been talking about the birth of our Savior. Everything else is so fun and easy to get wrapped up in, but it is about a babe in swaddling clothes born in the lowliest of mangers, who gave us the perfect example to follow and died so we can live. Its the sweet truth of Christmas and I pray that I can convey that to my children and help them gain a testimony of Savior. 
  
 

This really is the best time of the year. 






1 comment:

Sheena said...

I love your family photo booth pics! So cute.