Wednesday, March 20, 2013

All about Beckett

Beckett is at such a fun age. A terribly trying age, but still so fun. I was watching him the other day and realized there is so much about him and his personality that I don't want to forget. 

This boy can sleep. I have never had an issue with his sleeping and never had to fight him to take a nap. Everyday I tell him its time to lay down, he tells Tayden bye and marches up to his room. He refuses to sleep with a pillowcase and has been known to take off his sheets too.



 Beckett is a giver. When he feels like it. He hates to share with Tayden or me for that matter, but if he sees T sharing then he's next in line offering me some of his. He also has a huge heart. If you get hurt, you can bet Beckett is going to running over to ask if you are okay.


This boy is also quirky. He does so many funny little things. We've coined the phrase, "Oh, Beckett" for those silly little things he does. I think I use that term 15 times a day. He takes off his socks in the car and then puts them on his hands. He loves to sit in the highchair to watch TV. I am  constantly finding things shoved in little nooks around the house. He gallops everywhere. Seriously, side gallops like a horse. It's awesome. 



 Beckett has also learned at a very young age if he gets in trouble all he has to do is make me laugh. He hears me start to get angry and then pulls out the cheesiest grin and starts to giggle. It gets me everytime. My brother used to be able to do this with my mom and I never understood how he got out of so much trouble. Then I had Beckett and I completely get it. Its hard to be mad when you are laughing. It's almost an art with B. He hardly gets in serious trouble from me. But when he does, you can guarantee you're going to get the Beckett pout. He pulls out his bottom lip and says, "OOOHH-Oh", the sulks off. And this kid can sulk, hunched over shoulders and heavy steps. It's hard not to laugh at that too.


He gets into everything. Climbs on stuff, pulls out toilet paper, empties the garbage, spills water, pumps way to much of hand soap and toothpaste, whips with my phone charger or any long object, fills his pockets with rocks, colors all over his body, touches when you specifically tell him not to and pushes every limit I have set for him. He drives me crazy, but brings me so much joy at the same time.


I love this kid. He demands a banana every morning and a kiss every night. He stole my heart from day one and I don't mind one bit that he's kept it.
He is one of a kind.
And I am so glad he's mine.

2 comments:

Sheena said...

He's so cute! I just can't get enough of him.

Collin, Traci, Cam, and Alyssa said...

Ha ha, he does sound just like alyssa! I bet those 2 could cause a lot of havoc if they got together!