We have good news! Two pieces of good news.
#1-I had a doctor appointment. It wasn't horrible. First of all, I had to take my boys-and we actually made it. I would have walked out of the office happy about that alone. But, the doctor had some other news that I wasn't expecting to hear. He had my results back from my latest blood work. I had to get a torch test to see if there was any infection affecting the baby and causing the echogenic bowel. I came back positive for a virus that I didn't even know existed. It is a really bad strain of flu. If you get this particular strain while pregnant it can affect the size and growth of baby. Problem is, the test doesn't tell how long ago you had the virus. I few months back, when I was very first pregnant, I was super sick. We all had the flu, but I had it particularly bad. I thought it was because I was with child, but it could very well have been this nasty strain. If that is the case, we may have found the reason for his 'glowing bowel'. When I go back to my specialist for my routine ultrasound they will check the size and growth rate of the baby. If everything looks good and his bowel is clearing up, my doctor said there was a very good chance that I could be removed from the high risk pregnancy team and see him exclusively. If things are still a little sketchy, I'll likely remain high risk. But there is a chance I could get off. And that is good news.
#2-I am in Idaho! Woo hoo! My month long vacation started yesterday. Last night was a rough start. Tayden got sick and threw up quite a bit. We are blaming the early morning, hardly any nap, 9 hour car ride, motion sickness and lack of water as the culprit. He's feeling better today, which I am grateful for. Either way. We are here and it is great to be surrounded by family. This makes me happy most of all.
Hooray for a little good news!
4 comments:
YAY for happy news!!! I love it!
Happy on both accounts! See you soon!
So glad to hear the good news! :) I hope he grows nice and big so you don't have to keep going to the HR doctor too! ;)
Yay! Such good news! And kinda crazy..who would have thought??
Post a Comment