Thursday, April 5, 2012

Its Been 6 Years

Six years ago Scott took me to the Idaho Falls Museum. There he got down on one knee and asked for my hand in marriage. Best decision of my life. He has brought me more happiness than I knew was possible. It seems as though he is my missing puzzle piece. I never really felt whole until he came into my life. I truly understand the cliche-- "He completes me."
I had been begging him to go with me to the dinosaur exhibit in Idaho Falls. I am a sucker for museums. But, he always came up with a lame excuse not to go. Finally, he surprised me and took me. I was so pumped. We walked through the exhibits and he was less than attentive. I kept talking to him and he wasn't responding. He was acting annoyed that we were there and would barely even hold my hand. I was about to call it quits and tell him to take me home. As I got the courage to tell him I was ready to go, I turned around a saw him down on a knee. He kept it short and sweet and gave me his proposal. I immediately said yes and was filled with some of the happiest emotion I can ever remember. 

Some girls start planning their wedding before the ring is even on their finger. But I remember just wanting to be his wife. I remember not being able to wait for the day after the wedding, putting jeans on and being Mrs. Packard. Our love has always been a strong simple love that is effortless. It is easy to be in love with Scott. Marriage and being grown up can be hard and takes daily effort. But loving Scott, it's easy. He is so fun to be around. He makes me laugh ever day. And has the best common sense of anyone I know. Plus, I am always amazed at his approach to life. 

The past 6 years with him have been the greatest of my life. 
I love him so much.
Happy Engagement Day, Scott.
XoOx

3 comments:

Sheena said...

So sweet! You guys are a cute couple! (and your babies are darling!)

Amanda said...

Well said:) I completely spaced that yesterday was proposal day...thanks for the reminder. It gives me happy thoughts of my own! Glad to share that day with you, in our own sorta way. Happy 6 years you guys!!!

Eliza said...

So sweet!