Monday, April 30, 2012

Adventures of the Big Boys

Tayden and Scott had a Big Boy day. Well, mostly just morning, because Beckett and I crashed the afternoon. But either way, they had some great (and much needed) one on one time. They started the morning at "Old McDonalds" for breakfast. Tayden told me he ate lots of big boy pancakes with dad and it was fun! 


I LOVE this true Tayden smile. He was having a blast with his daddy.

After breakfast Scott took Tayden to the store to get an air pump for...wait for it....Taydens new bike! We broke down and bought Tayden a bike.


 Best news, it was a yard sale find. An $8.00 yard sale find. Big T has been so excited to learn how to ride it, but it proved to be pretty hard with two flats. So he resulted to just sitting on in in the backyard. Scott took care of that today.

This afternoon we went for ice cream and some park time. These kids have been living outside these days--so they were more than pleased to go play at a new park.


Regardless of Becketts face, he really did enjoy the swings.

And I thoroughly enjoyed the company of my husband.



We came home and had dinner outside. A fun thing to do when the weather since the weather has been so great. Then, Scott and Tayden had their first bike riding lesson.


Tayden caught on better than we expected for his first time, so Scott took him in the front yard to practice. The grin on Taydens face was priceless. Scott pushed the bike while Tayden got the hang of pedaling. He loved it. He even pedaled by himself for a few minutes. Now, if we can only get him to look up while he's riding--not at his feet! 

I can't explain how watching my little boy ride a bike for the first time tore me up inside. I was so proud of him. I watch him every day and am amazed how quickly he is growing up. As I witnessed him on that bike, my baby disappeared. He is a little boy. A little boy full of energy and wit. We love him so much.

4 comments:

Collin, Traci, Cam, and Alyssa said...

What an awesome yard sell find! He looks so big!

Lindsey Rasmussen said...

That is an awesome yard sale find! Wow. How fun!!

Echo said...

That is so fun! I keep telling Justin that him and Coda need some bonding time, but it is really hard to pull Gracie away from her daddy. Scott is a super dad, I'm so happy for you guys. Love you all!

Lisa said...

So cute! What a wonderful husband you have!