Friday, December 2, 2011

Stocking Love

I have been wanting to make stockings for some time. I instantly fell in love with this fabric when I saw it at JoAnnes. It was screaming my name, so I picked up enough for these lovely stockings...and some extras for any additions down the road.


I'm super pleased with the outcome, considering I didn't have a pattern.


I printed the names onto the fabric from my printer. Yes, I made each font different on purpose. That way when we have more kids, I won't have to worry about trying to track down the same script.


It took a little more effort to piece the fabric together, but I am so glad I did it. These are definately stockings we'll be keeping for years to come.


If you look closely, you can see the 'quilt stitching' I did on top. They totally look home made, but it just gives them more character, right?!


I love these so much, I think I'll keep them up all year long! 

9 comments:

Lindsey Rasmussen said...

Love them. Gives me inspiration to do some for my family!

Collin, Traci, Cam, and Alyssa said...

So cute! Good job.

Erin_C said...

They are SO SO CUTE. So do you hire out? Haha. I would love to make homemade ones but just don't know how to sew that well. We did actually buy matching ones at the store though, so at least our kids will have some now :)

Sheena said...

They turned out super cute!

Taryn said...

Great job! It looks like you are a great seamstress. Someday I will sew something...or maybe not :)

Lisa said...

Wow!! So impressive! Love it!

Audrey said...

They look great! :) I keep wanting to make some every year as well but again bought some .99 cent ones. lol. Maybe one year I will get on it.

Echo said...

I'm so happy you did these! You've been wanting to for years...BTW, I found my stocking pattern :0) You did great! I love them!

The Collier 4 said...

You are the most AWESOME little mama EVER!!! I have been looking everywhere for us matching stockings and look at you just whippn those up like a pro and thinking ahead for growth in the family. You should pin those on pinterest. Can I borrow your idea?