Monday, July 25, 2011

Summer Vacation

After 10 long and wonderful days, I am home in the 702 and glad to be back in Vegas. As promised, I didn't take one picture. I was so busy getting the luggage, the toys, the carry-ons, the birth certificates, and everything else-I forgot my camera on the kitchen counter. So if you don't want to read this long ol' post, I will not be offend. As bummed as I am I didn't get any pictures, I had a wonderful time enjoying time with my family.

The boys and I spent some time in Idaho Falls with Lindsey and Amanda and their wonderful kiddos. Tayden was so excited to see Kaden and Hanna! He kept asking about them long after we left. And I must say, it was wonderful catching up with these ladies. They are the best forever friends I could ask for. Love them. This is the only picture I have, thanks to Amanda, whom I stole it from! :)

We spent the weekend with the Packards. Scotts parents took us to the zoo and out to eat. Tayden was a little crazy and semi naughty due to the lack of sleep, but he enjoyed his grandma and grandpa time. And I enjoyed the extra help with the kids while we were there.

On Monday, we met up with Echo and the kids! Hooray! They came all the way from Texas and I got to spend almost a whole week with them. I don't know who enjoyed it more...me or Tayden. He is a huge fan of his older cousins and I couldn't believe how wonderful they were with him. They played hard, stayed up later than usual, and were and absolute joy to be around.

The last few days of the vacation we headed to Utah for the annual Karlson reunion. This year it was held at my grandparents house and it was a blast. My super fabulous cousins had a carnival for the kids while the golfers did their thing. After a morning of painting T-shirts, playing play dough, making necklaces, bubbles, scavenger hunts, cake walking, and fishing, little Tayden was worn out.
But not too tired for the Pine Wood Derby. Tayden loves his special red car Scott made him. I'm sure its his new favorite toy of all time. We didn't win anything, but sure had fun. Scott even showed off his CO2 car, which was a major hit.
Saturday was spent at 7 peaks. Since my boys love the water, they were both in heaven. The park has little kids water slides that T could not get enough of. And the water was warm enough for Beckett. Again, after a day of fun, my kiddies were worn out.
The last day, my cousin Dev, took family pictures. I was so impressed with her. Tayden isn't exactly a 'still' kid, but she did great getting him to look at the camera. Even though he was not having it at the end, he did pretty well for the first half. I can't wait to see how they turn out. Knowing my cousin, they will be just as fabulous as she.

I can't even begin to tell you how outstanding this week was. I love being around my family. I am so grateful I get them forever and ever. Hopefully, I can steal pictures soon and post some showing all of our fun. (So if anyone wants to donate, feel free!)

Great summer vacation.
Now back to real life. I am actually really looking forward to it.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

It was a great time this past weekend. I don't think anyone one had time to take pictures. What a blast!!!

Lindsey Rasmussen said...

Yay! Sounds like you had a great time with your family. It was so good to see you guys and catch up and let the kids play. It is nice to be home too! Let me know next time you're heading up this way!!

Echo said...

Yay! For long drives, plane rides and screaming, tired children!

It is all worth it to see family.

BTW, I have a few pics, can you still them off my blog or do I e-mail them to you?

devrie said...

aw, i'm blushing! btw, they look incredible!!