Since this was Taydens first Fourth, we decided to take some pictures. First, let me tell you one exciting thing that happened! Tayden got his first tooth!!!! I was so happy to see it after Aunt Ashley pointed it out. He has been kind of cranky the past week or two and the tooth gave him a little bit of justice. He is doing much better since it has finally broke the surface. I just hope it stays that way. Anyway, that explains the tongue in most of this pictures.
My Handsome Family!
After the BBQ, it started raining. No big deal...or so we thought. Then the hail came. It was so big and strong it punched holes into my in-laws fiber glass covered porch. Yikes! After it was over, we were sitting at Scotts parents house when the phone rang. It was Scotts Grandma telling us the river was flooding and to get over there quick. This is what we found... (thanks for letting me copy the pics of facebook Sharlee!)
It got pretty close to the house, but lucky not too close. Some water came in the basement...it could have been a lot worse.
The size of the hail. The one on the far right is next to a quarter! Crazy!
Scott spent the rest of the day engaging in cleanup and sandbagging. I was so proud seeing him work so hard for people in need. He really stepped up to the plate. So needless to say this was one memorable day! As crazy as it was, it was amazing seeing how family can be stronger than the raging water tearing everything else apart. It touched my heart to see everyone working so diligently to help those around them! I am so grateful for the freedoms of this country, and even more grateful for the people in it!
4 comments:
Love the pics! I can't believe how big Tayden is getting. He is so cute! I heard about the storm down there- we didn't get anything in Rexburg. It's so nice when you have friends/family/neighbors who are willing to pitch in and help when these crazy things happen!! I am coming down on Friday-we should all do something!
WOW! It was a crazy Fourth! By the way, love the new do (although you were suppose to wait until you got here so we could go get it weaved together! j/k but I really need a hair cut!) Tayden is so big! The kids and I can't wait to squeeze some cheeks! See you in round about 72 hours and counting! Love ya!
omg that storm was crazy! john's parents were so lucky that their stuff didn't get ruined. I couldn't believe that there were poles that were cemented in the ground that were uprooted like they were twigs! crazy day. Anywho, I LOVE the pic of tayden in the tree. Its adorable!!!
What fun pictures of Tayden and your family. Thanks for putting comments on the flood pictures. I saw some of them on facebook, but didn't know exactly what I was looking at. Great post!
Post a Comment