Last week my mom, Tayden and I had the opportunity to go to Dallas, TX for a week. My brother and his family moved there about 2 months ago, so we went down for a little visit. It was the greatest trip ever! My super sweet sister in law was the greatest hostess, cooking for us and waiting on us hand and foot. I have never felt so guilty. My brother was the best uncle I could ask for my son. He took him during the night so I could get some sleep and let me actually enjoy a relief society lesson! And the kids...well they are 100% perfect! They are the funniest kids I have ever met, I don't think I ever quit laughing.
Tayden was a little trouper. About 1/2 way through the trip he started acting not quite right. I took him to the doctor in Dallas and he ended up having an ear infection. Poor little guy. That explained the complaining and whining. We had to take 6 different flights. 3 there and 3 back. He was a great on all of them. Even coming home with an ear infection. I was so proud of him.Thanks to Scott's awesome cousins for their expert flying advice!
Texas was so so hot. I don't think it was ever cooler than 100 degrees with a heat index of like 104. We spent most of the time in the water, mall or anywhere with AC. Let me tell you though, I am not cut out for Texas. The mall in Dallas is super high class. It was a designer mall with stores like BeBe, Lacost, and Giorgio Armani. It was nuts. Half the stores had their own security guards. I had to laugh at our cut offs and flip flops compared to everyone else's bouffant hair and Couch bags. We were a little out of place...but it had AC, so I wasn't complaining too much!
We found this fun little Harbor with little shops and a water park for the kids. The park was just a cement playground with water that shot out of the ground. It was so fun! The kids had a blast playing and it kept us all cool. I was having so much fun in Texas I didn't take too many pictures, but I got alot from this park. I couldn't miss this memory!
I had an awesome time with my family. They truly are the best and huge examples in my life. I know that sometimes it is hard to change, but they are doing awesome. I miss them everyday, but have no doubt they are doing what is right for them. Thanks for an outstanding time! Love you guys!
I couldn't decide on what pictures to post, so I made a slide show! My mom has yet to email me the pictures she took with her camera, but maybe that is a blessing. Then I would have had way too many to pick from.
* Sorry I didn't get the pictures all turned the right way. That drives Scott nuts, but at this point I am happy I even had time to post! Sorry!
Just a random picture of Tayden in his new PJ's! My friend got them for us and I absolutely love them. They are my favorites so I had to post a picture!

P.S- I am not going to say much about this...but this was my last couponing trip.
All this, less than $20.00
Tayden was a little trouper. About 1/2 way through the trip he started acting not quite right. I took him to the doctor in Dallas and he ended up having an ear infection. Poor little guy. That explained the complaining and whining. We had to take 6 different flights. 3 there and 3 back. He was a great on all of them. Even coming home with an ear infection. I was so proud of him.Thanks to Scott's awesome cousins for their expert flying advice!
Texas was so so hot. I don't think it was ever cooler than 100 degrees with a heat index of like 104. We spent most of the time in the water, mall or anywhere with AC. Let me tell you though, I am not cut out for Texas. The mall in Dallas is super high class. It was a designer mall with stores like BeBe, Lacost, and Giorgio Armani. It was nuts. Half the stores had their own security guards. I had to laugh at our cut offs and flip flops compared to everyone else's bouffant hair and Couch bags. We were a little out of place...but it had AC, so I wasn't complaining too much!
We found this fun little Harbor with little shops and a water park for the kids. The park was just a cement playground with water that shot out of the ground. It was so fun! The kids had a blast playing and it kept us all cool. I was having so much fun in Texas I didn't take too many pictures, but I got alot from this park. I couldn't miss this memory!
I had an awesome time with my family. They truly are the best and huge examples in my life. I know that sometimes it is hard to change, but they are doing awesome. I miss them everyday, but have no doubt they are doing what is right for them. Thanks for an outstanding time! Love you guys!
I couldn't decide on what pictures to post, so I made a slide show! My mom has yet to email me the pictures she took with her camera, but maybe that is a blessing. Then I would have had way too many to pick from.
* Sorry I didn't get the pictures all turned the right way. That drives Scott nuts, but at this point I am happy I even had time to post! Sorry!
| Make a Smilebox slideshow |
Just a random picture of Tayden in his new PJ's! My friend got them for us and I absolutely love them. They are my favorites so I had to post a picture!
P.S- I am not going to say much about this...but this was my last couponing trip.
- 30 bottles of Sobe Life
- 3 boxes of General Mills Cereal
- 1 mini delights brownies
- 1 kraft ranch dressing
- 1 darigold cottage cheese
- 10 kraft BBQ sauces
- 2 stain sprays
- 1 bag of marshmellows
3 comments:
Looks like you had fun! Tayden is so adorable.
Ps. what kind of camera do you have? it takes beautiful pictures!
Arrr! I don't know how you do it! I think Justin is trying to hint to me to stop wasting my time. I wish I was there so you and I can go shopping together. Then I would just copy everything you got! Anyway. Thanks for coming and visiting. Like I said, you couldn't have come at a better time. Love ya lots!
Looks like you had a great time! I didn't realize you were on 3 flights! I thought at the most you would be on 2! Wow! I'm sorry about the ear infections, that is no fun. Those pajamas are cute - my mother-in-law just got those for Stephen! They could be twins! Good job on the couponing trip - looks like you are doing well!
Post a Comment