Easter fell on General Conference weekend. That means no new church cloths or easter pictures. However, it did mean more learning about the Savior, sustaining of a new prophet, President Dallin H. Oaks, sticky buns, and lots of family time together. It was a great week learning about the ressurection and bearing our testimonies to the boys.
We haven't done Easter baskets or egg hunts for the kids for the past few years, but we did hand out some candy at the end of the day. Luckily for our boys, Grandma Packard came through and did a fun Egg hunt for grandkids. She always does fun things for holidays and we are so grateful for it.
Easter is a special holiday and the more I learn about it, the more grateful I am. I realize what a blessing it is to have the promise of a ressurection and how it truly makes everything just in the world. I used to be terrified of my family dying, and truth be told, I still am. However, my understanding of death is greater and my testimony of the ressurection is stronger. While I can't even think about someone in my family dying, I am so grateful to know that its not the end. We are so blessed to have a Heavenly Father that was thoughtful enough that he provided a way to live after a mortal death. I love Easter and love that we were instructed by prophets to celebrate it more fully. I hope my kids remember what a sacred holiday it is and grow to have their own testimonies of this powerful blessing.
No comments:
Post a Comment