Sunday, August 10, 2025

Luna Update

Well, I wish I had a more postitive update for Luna. Unfortunatly, she has lost sight in her other eye and is now completely blind. She is learning to naviagte the world around her, but its been full or bumps. She does okay getting around the house if its tidy and everything stays in its place, but she doesn't play anymore. She lays around most of the days and rarely goes outside on her own. 

We have decided as long as she is safe and happy, then we can keep her. As soon as one of those two things aren't happening anymore, then we have to put her down. We're nervous for the winter. She uses the ground outside as indicators to get around. She knows if she steps on rocks then shes going the wrong direction. She knows if she finds the cement, then shes almost to the steps. I'm worried without those, she won't be able to find her way back into the house. I would hate for her to get lost ouside while we are at school and wokrk for the day. 

It has been a hard transition and we're taking it day by day. And I pray we make the right choice as it comes. 

 

No comments: