We've had a hard week with our sweet pup, Luna. I could tell something was off on Monday morning. She wasn't looking at me, just in the general direction. She wasn't following me like she normally does, and she couldn't catch a treat when we tossed it to her. In fact, when we tossed her a treat, it just hit her in the face. I called the vet and they told me to bring her in immediately.
Initially, they thought she had a brain tumor. We were devastated. I cried the majority of the day, not knowing what to do next. The vet called later in the afternoon and asked if we could bring her in for a few more tests. I was in Rexburg, so Scott took her in. They found an infection and gave us medication to start.
It's great news, but we aren't out of the woods. In fact, the vet doesn't think she'll ever get vision back in her left eye. Right now, we're giving her eye drops four times a day to try and save her right eye.
We're not really sure how much she can see. She navigates the house perfectly and goes on walks fine. She has started tracking us as we move around and this morning, she almost caught a treat. We don't know if she just learning to compensate with one eye. Either way, we're happy with her progress.
We love this dog and pray she stays healthy enough to live with us for years to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment