Easter was fantastic this year. During General Conference the week before, the General Authorities emphasized the holiday's importance and said it should be celebrated as much as, if not more, than Christmas. We took this to heart and spent the week learning about the Holy Week. It was so great. We gathered every night and learned about why that day was significant. My favorite part of the week was Kyle asking how Jesus really died. We tried to explain again and again that he died on the cross. He was frustrated as he tried to explain his question, and finally said, "When did Jesus die for the last time?" I finally understood. Kyle thought that Jesus died after his resurrection. He was shocked when we told him that He still lives. And that is the greatest blessing of Easter. All of a sudden, everything made sense to him. And we got to testify of our Savior. The week's lessons all came together and we celebrated the true meaning of Easter. It was beautiful.
We spent Saturday with the Packards and Sunday with the Mennears. It was great to spend time with family. I love them so much. It made me even more grateful for my knowledge of Jesus Christ, his life, and his death.
I hope in years to come, we can continue to celebrate Easter in-depth and look closely at what it means to us and how it applies to our lives. I am grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ, and his life for me. I am grateful that the sorrow of our Saturdays is followed by the joy of Sunday. He lives!
No comments:
Post a Comment