Sunday, October 16, 2022

Cache Turns 10

Cache turned 10 last week. It's weird and not weird all at once. I feel like he has been 10 for such a long time. He is so inquisiitive and constantly asks questions. He is wise beyond his years, but so young at the same time. 

For his birthday, he asked for an ice cream cake. I haven't made one before and it was a bit of a learning process. I joked that it was my first and my last, but the kids loved it and already are requesting them for their birthdays. I guess I better sharpen my skills. 

The best part of the night was when Beckett gave Cache an old knife for his birthday. One, because those two don't always get along, so it was the sweetest gesture from Beckett. Two, because Cache was so excited! 










 Being nine was hard for Cache. It brought a lot of happiness, but a lot of frustration too. He has had a hard time finding his place at school and in his band of brothers. He wants to be old enough to hang out with his big brothers, but isn't quite there yet, so he turns to annoying little brother tactics. His friend group changed and he felt left behind. He felt really big feelings and didn't know what to do with them and often acted out by not listening or being mean. 

However, he is doing so much better. He is coming into himself and settling into his personality. He is listening better, looking at life with a more positive attitude, and found a great group of friends. I am so proud of how far he has come. It took a lot of conscious effort, but he has done amazingly well. Which makes my momma heart happy. We love this boy and are so grateful for his sweet presence in our life. 

No comments: