Sunday, August 28, 2022

36

My birthday was different this year. Scott was in New Mexico all week for work and we were busy with football, appointments, and other various activities. I really wasn't expecting much, and I was completely fine with that. As you get older, birthdays really start to feel less and less important. Honestly, I don't even know how old I am half the time. I have to do the math from my birthday year to figure out how old I am. 

However, this year was wonderful. My sweet boys made sure I felt special and not forgotten. The minute I walked in from the gym they were offering to make me breakfast and throwing gifts in my direction. A couple of weeks ago, I went school shopping with Beckett. While he was looking for him, I was looking for an oversized, crew neck sweatshirt, but failed to find one. A couple of days later, he was at Target with his friends and he looked in the womens section and found one for me and bought it with his own money. I was so shocked by the kind gesture. He remembered what I had been looking for, went out of his comfort zone with his friends, and used his own money. It was the sweetest thing. He told me, "That was stressful! I didn't know if I got you the right size, or if you would like the color. Or would even like it at all!" I told him to times that by four and that's how I feel every Christmas. However, the sweat shirt is perfect. He did a great job!



Tayden also surprised me with a Fizz Bizz gift card. He asked our friends to take him after his football practice so he could get me a gift. He knows the way to my heart is a 44 oz Meemaw. And he used his own money, too. 



They made me feel so loved and seen. They know me so well and I love our relationship. They are just the best boys and are living proof that I am doing something right. 



 

No comments: