Monday, July 27, 2020

Rails to Trails

This weekend I had the opportunity to go on a bike ride with the Young Women. We rode The Rails to Trails bike ride from Tetonia, Idaho to Ashton, Idaho for a total of 21 miles. It was amazing!




I lead the group and set the pace for the ride. The trail was beautiful! We rode along wheat fields, over bridges and through wooded areas. However, because I was in the front and couldn't stop, I didn't get any pictures. But it was beautiful.

We broke the ride into three seven mile legs. At each stop we filled up on water, got some snacks and enjoyed a spiritual thought.

I love being a Young Womens Leader. I feel my best when I am among the youth. They are so vibrant, energetic, brave and love Jesus Christ. Even though it is my calling to teach and guide them, they have taught me more than I can ever return. After the bike ride was over we stopped to eat and talked about some of the lessons we learned along the ride. Here are a few that stuck out to me.



-Everyone was on a different bike. Some were big, some were small. They were different colors, different brands and had different features. But they all got us to our destination. Our bodies can be likened to the bikes and our destination to Exaltation. Our bodies come different, but will return us home to our Heavenly Father.





-Being around people with the same goals and mindset makes achieving hard things easier.

-The ride was hard, like life, but it will be worth it in the end.

-Having a map made the ride easier. The map could be like the scriptures when we face a crossroads in our own life.



-The parents that provided our relief stations cheered us on and gave us what we needed to keep going. We couldn't always see them, but we knew they were there. They are like angels on the other side of the veil. We can't see them. but they are there cheering us on.


No comments: